Showmax is an online video entertainment service that offers unlimited movies, series, kid’s shows, sports, Showmax Originals, and more. It’s an online SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) service launched in South Africa on 19 August 2015.
In South Africa, Showmax competes with Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. With Showmax, you can stream or download videos and watch on a wide range of devices, the way that suits you. It has no contracts, no commitments, and no ad breaks.
However, you need reliable internet with a minimum speed of 5 to 10Mbps. Also, you can use Wi-Fi and/or data, it’s up to you.
Showmax Plans and Prices
Showmax offers two plans:
- Standard Showmax entertainment plan
- Showmax Pro plan
The Pro plan gives you access to all the entertainment you love, plus live sport from SuperSport, news, and more.
Showmax offers a variety of plans and prices to suit different preferences and pockets.
The Standard plans offer:
- Showmax. ₦2900pm. Register 5 devices, watch on 2 at the same time.
- Showmax Mobile. ₦1450pm. Watch on one mobile device.
Note: In the Standard plans your first 14 days are free, after which you’ll be charged a monthly subscription fee according to your chosen plan. Also, if you are using the card billing payment method, you will input your card details during sign up but you won’t be charged unless you continue to use Showmax after your free trial ends.
The Pro plans offer:
- Showmax Pro. ₦6300pm. Register 5 devices, watch on 2 at the same time.
- Showmax Pro Mobile. ₦3200pm. Watch on one mobile device.
Note: Showmax Pro plans do not include a 14-day free trial due to sports licensing.
There are many safe and secure ways to pay for your plan. You can pay through:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Pre-paid vouchers
- Also, you can add to a partner bill.
This is a list of supported devices:
- DStv Explora (South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria only)
- Apple AirPlay
- Personal Computers (using web browsers)
- Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or higher
- Apple TV (4th Generation)
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1 or higher
- Android media and TV devices running Android 4.1 or higher
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Vidaalite 2.0, Vidaa U2 Smart TVs (2016 and later, Africa only)
- Google Cast (casting from the app for Android or iOS)
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4 (South Africa only)
This website is available in the following countries:
In Africa: Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Outside of Africa: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?